How to make the input files for nemo?

Hi,
I am using the EC-Earth to run the deep-time simulations, i would like to know how to change the mesh grids to fit the new land-sea mask?

Thanks!
Best,
Zhenqian

1 Like

You probably want to use DOMAINcfg tool (available in NEMO) to create a custom domain_cfg file. Check the readme here: tools/DOMAINcfg/namelist_cfg · 4.2.0 · NEMO Workspace / Nemo · GitLab

2 Likes

Yes you can use the DOMAINcfg tool to generate a new domain_cfg.nc assuming you are just supplying a new top_level/bottom_level bathymetry. However, if the horizontal grid is no longer appropriate ( are the poles still located over land? ), then you will also need to generate a new tripolar grid. The GRIDGEN tool should do the job.

1 Like

Thank you @rabbit @acc , i will try to understand and run these two tools.
Best,
Zhenqian

“Hi, I’m trying to create mask - T,U,V. in 3D, I know that in the 4.0.4 version of Nemo, I should be able to achieve this using ‘nn_msh’, but I’m having trouble getting it to work. I’ve checked the code and it seems to have the option, but it’s not functioning. Do you happen to know anything about this?”

1 Like

hi zhengqian,
I would like to know if you can successfully change the initial file of the speedy module now. I am using a sea atmosphere coupling mode (which the atmosphere module is speedy) and also trying to learn how to change its initial file or input files. I would like to know how you ultimately operated it.
BEST
yushan

Hi yushan,
Sorry, I am still trying to create initial files.
Do you have Wechat?

Best,
Zhenqian

1 Like

hi zhenqian
yes You add me on WeChat wys_333333
Best
Yushan

1 Like